Salary - $63,555 starting salary, $71,354 after one year
Applications available August 1, 2022 through September 6, 2022.
Minimum qualifications include:
- U.S. Citizen with a valid driver’s license
- 21 years of age by September 10, 2022 and under the age of 35 at the time of final eligibility posting. This age limitation does not apply to current or previously employed full time police officers or other exemptions as defined in Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.
- Valid POWER test card due at orientation. POWER test card is considered valid only if dated between September 10, 2021 and September 10, 2022. Applicants who do not have a valid POWER test card should contact NIPSTA @ www.nipsta.org (847/998-8090), or Joliet Junior College @ www.jjc.edu/fitness-center for testing dates.
- High school diploma or equivalent with one of the following:
- Minimum 60 hours of college level courses at time of hiring process
- – or - One continuous year of active duty in US Armed Forces
- – or - Two years of full time experience as a state certified law enforcement officer
- Successful completion of all phases of testing process
- Please note Lansing residency is no longer a requirement
Applications are available at:
(Select “How Do I” tab on top portion of screen; applications available under “See Job Openings”)
Completed applications with all required documents to be returned to the Lansing Municipal Center (3141 Ridge Road, Lansing IL) by Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
A mandatory orientation session will be held at the Lansing Police Department (2710 170th Street, Lansing IL) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. followed by the written examination at 9:00 a.m.
Oral examinations for applicants who pass the written examination are scheduled to be held during the evening the week of September 12, 2022.
Applicants wishing to purchase a study guide or practice test to assist in the testing process can do so at https://crc.cpshr.us/default.aspx?ID=Law200517. For technical support, please contact: email@example.com or (916) 471-3538. Study guides will only be available through September 10, 2022.
For more information contact:
Board of Fire and Police Commissioners – 708/895-7203
Lansing Police Department – 708/895-7127
The Village of Lansing is an Equal Opportunity Employer